Post NUMBA 2

Today I am going to go into my top videogame franchises of all time. And just to be clear I am not even 100% positive on what goes where but I do know that I enjoyed all of these enough to put them on here. Also remember this list is completely subjective and based purely upon my opinion. So to jump right into it my favorite gaming franchise, at least for the last 5 or so years has been fallout. 
 
A franchise with so much to sink your teeth into. Basically fallout franchise is a list of RPG games based in an alternate reality of earth. Our two history's split around the 1950's when fallouts invented nuclear fission batteries. People started to make everything run on self sustaining nuclear power. they built nuclear cars and robots to help around the house. Long story short the cold war lasted a very long time and finally tensions between the US and communist countries got so bad that the world was obliterated by nukes in 2 hours. Thankfully US companies saw this coming and built nuclear bunkers and all kinds of fallout shelters to protect from such a strike. In most of the games you leave the vault you lived in safety in search for something important somewhere in the unknown radioactive wasteland. It is such a fun game series. the vibe of fallouts America is exactly what sci fi artists and scientists thought might be possible at that time. Stories revolve around space ships, laser guns, aliens, people irradiated until they look and sometimes act like zombies, raiders stealing resources including people, people making robots who look and act identical to robots etc. etc. There is so much going on in this universe and I love all of it. There are interesting stories everywhere, while some may seem ridiculous they all seem plausible. It makes me thing a lot about what would happen and how people might actually act in a apocalypse. People are selfish and scary but also very nice if they are on your side. People have a lot of trust issues especially when resources are low and their ass is one the line. Its all super interesting and everything you do seems like a comic book or an episode in a 50s sci-fi show. If you like gaming history and science this is easily the game for you. Its the interesting and sometimes funny answer to many "what if's". If you have the chance go ahead and try any of them... my two favorite games are a split between fallout 4 and New Vegas. I wish New Vegas had a lot of the mechanics of 4 but you cant have everything considering New Vegas in 8 years older. Once you get used to the old shooting and graphics it is just as fun. I could talk all day about this tuff but the main point I'm saying is try fallout. The games are electric... give it a go and let me know!! I am going to rate this gaming franchise as 4.5 nukes out of 5. They could do better with graphics but I am extremely happy.

Comments