Post N9NE

 This class has been somewhat interesting so far. I feel like most of it has been commonsense stuff that I already subconsciously know just from using social media. Being told how to act online from when I was a kid helps me steer clear of mistakes that get people "cancelled" everyday. I feel like the classic "Anything you do online stays forever, so make sure your grandma would be okay with it" line guides you into most of the risk mitigation techniques that we have covered. I just kinda feel bored about the class. It feel extremely repetitive from all the other marketing classes. They're all just like "know your audience, use the right and consistent voice for them(wether its serious and informative, or humorous...etc), and follow the morals of that audience!" A guideline/infographic of what techniques work in what situations, with real companies examples would be helpful. I think having a real world example for each point you make would be extremely memorable. This has felt like the longest semester ever, especially being my first fully online one... I am just waiting for this to be over and hopefully I end up with a B! I am sorry this seems so negative I just feel like everything I have learned in the class so far could be summarized in a well made 15 minute YouTube video. I did think measuring our social media use was an interesting thing to think about but I really just want to know how to create captivating posts. Maybe instead of doing that project you could have us all be in control of a random mount social media page together in which we all brainstorm and create posts for it in class... you can also use these different posts we must create together as launchpads into discussions on how to get the right reaction from consumers and give us real life company examples to help us all come to a similar conclusion on what we should post together. 

Comments